Friday, April 19, 2013

So many questions, not so many answers...

I read a quote once. It went "There are only 2 important days in your life -  the day you were born and the day you discover why".
Thought provoking indeed.
Have you discovered why you were born?
I haven't.
I only know the day I was born.
What is my purpose in life?
Who do I intend to be?
What am I to become?
What is my role in the society?
What is my contribution to the world?

The mind is fickle. I want to do something today and something else tomorrow. 
What is my true aspiration?
I don't know and it frustrates me no end.
I want to change the world, get some radical brilliant idea that would revolutionize everything. 
But at the end of the day I am still sitting in my office cubicle, just losing time with no sense of purpose.
When you don't know the destination, the path is meaningless.
Many are content with a decent job that pays well (even if the job is mediocre), a home to return to and some idle pass-times.
But I want more.
I don't want just a mediocre job. The money, although very much necessary just doesn't cut it. 
I don't have peace of mind because I don't think I am doing enough. There is no satisfactions because I am not doing something I love.
What do I love doing then?
I love writing. I love coding. I love photography. I love many things.
What I don't know is what is stopping me from pursuing it full time. 
Maybe it is the money. Maybe it is the feeling that others are already established in the field that it is saturated and I don't bring in anything new.
Perhaps my perception itself is flawed. Perhaps I should just get on with it and see where it leads.
At least that would be a start.
There are so many questions, no answers.
Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment